The following are questions four through seven of a ten-point Q&A designed to help guide your managed or hosted service procurement process. Here are the first three buyer questions and service provider answers.
4. What is the depth and breadth of your current managed service portfolio?
- A service migration path provides the means to adapt to your growth needs.
- Service providers that are specialists may offer services through their partners.
5. How can I be sure you will apply the best people, processes, and tools? Is your company certified by a leading vendor, and are your offerings delivered using industry-leading technologies to meet the highest quality of service?
- Service providers have data on how they've qualified to meet standards.
- Providers are often required to attain a "qualification level" that is tiered.
6. Where are your network management facilities located, and what are the hours of operation? Describe your escalation process, in the event of an outage.
- Service providers typically have both primary and backup facilities.
- Find out whom to contact when your primary support contact is not available.
7. What are the assurances for levels of availability, serviceability, performance, and operation? What is the process for remedy if and when levels aren't maintained?
- All service providers establish and maintain benchmark measurements.
- Service contracts detail the metrics, and references have results data.
Next step: The remaining Q&A will be featured in part 3. We'll also provide a link to a complete list, and an ROI calculator to help you start to build a business case.